Tuesday, April 5, 2011

...But Not Here

Hello my as of yet non existent readers! I am a college student, a Literature Major (aka Basket Weaving Major), with a strong interest in some somewhat obscure and  lesser known musical bands and genres. I plan to create this blog as a casual place to discuss my these topics and the general going-on's of this specific music scene.

To loosely describe the genres, I would call them Experimental Rock, Progressive Rock, Progressive Metal, a bit of good Death Metal (trust me, it exists), a bit of everything in between, and perhaps a few bands outside of these genres completely.  I will discuss some giants in these categories (Metallica, Dream Theater, Nine Inch Nails, Pink Floyd), as well as some (tragically) lesser known bands (Spock's Beard, Porcupine Tree, 3, Pure Reason Revolution). My plan is to discuss a band/song very periodically, but we shall see how this goes.

I shall express my opinions here, and that is all they are: opinions. Not right or wrong. And I by no means am an expert in these genres, or in music, for that matter. There are many many bands I don't know or haven't heard that I should have, and many facts about the bands I do discuss that I do not know. That being said, this is a discussion board, and I am open to comments (not trolling).

No comments:

Post a Comment